Monday, June 11, 2012

Mom School: Pinkalicious and the Pink Hat Parade, by Victoria Kann



4YO Pink aptly chose Pinkalicious and the Pink Hat Parade for our Mom School time.  Pinkalicious, the princess of all things pink, is this time fashioning a pinktastic hat to wear in the neighborhood Spring Fling parade.  But the real story is what her little brother Peter creates.


Our follow up activity was to create our own pink-, pom- and/or feather-tastic hats.  This is a bit embarrassing, but it has been a long time since I made a paper hat, so I had to look it up.  I used this newspaper hat pattern from Scholastic.com.  What's worse, I cheated and stapled the hats a couple of places, after the first hat fell apart a bit.  Whatever it takes.





One recommendation, besides cheating with staples, is to make the hats ahead of time if you have more than a couple to make.  My 6YO probably could have made her own after watching me make one.  But I made four total (5YO neighbor girl was over playing), and the last child (mine) was quite impatient by the time I finished folding and stapling hers.

We opted to decorate our hats with pom poms, feathers, stickers and markers.

6YO Yellow

4YO Pink

3YO Purple

My 4YO suggested that we parade around our neighborhood in them, like Pinkalicious did, but our 5YO friend said that her mom gave her permission to only play at our house.  When it was suggested that we parade in them from our house to hers, she politely replied, "I don't really want to wear mine outside in front of people."

Not everyone thrives on sunshine and silliness.  Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment