Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mud..From the Mind of a 3 Year Old




Someone was inspired by our Smelly Buggy Mud Bath.  Hours after our bath I went upstairs (briefly), then returned downstairs to find 3YO Purple standing outside the closed pantry door, arms barring entrance, saying, "Mom, don't go in there."  

Since we were in a hurry to leave, I didn't go in there..until all the kids were buckled in their seatbelts in the vehicle.  I couldn't stand the suspense.  I found an opened and empty container of chocolate pudding mix and a cup of brown liquid.

Purple had made her own mud!

Rather than pour it down the sink (honestly, my first instinct), I emptied it into a "water box" (a plastic storage bin) we keep in the front yard.  Pretty convincing mud, and cheaper than the 8 ounce container of cocoa powder that I had used for our bath.  I figured why waste it - Purple could play in it when we returned.



And she did.  But she preferred to play in the kiddie pool, so it became further diluted to where it resembled slightly dirty pool water.  

Purple dumping the water back into the water box from the pool


So to achieve the same muddy effect in the size of a kiddie pool, it might have taken four boxes or so, which would have made it more pricey than the cocoa powder method.  But the chocolate pudding could set up to a thicker consistency, and that could be added fun.

And how do you put a price on fun?


No comments:

Post a Comment